If there’s one thing that’s true when it comes to e-commerce, it’s that the perceived value of your products and the trustworthiness of your business is often judged by the quality of your website.
Having a great looking website means having high-quality, beautiful product photographs with, when possible, white backgrounds! Below are some tips that will help you achieve the best possible product images.
- Select an appropriate camera – try to always use a professional DSLR camera and not a point-and-shoot or smartphone camera
- Don’t use a wide angle lens – doing so will result in distorted imagery
- Use the right aperture for the right shot. A small aperture like f8 or f11 will give you a wider depth of field, keeping your entire product crisp and in focus
- Use the correct white balance. When shooting, you should set it to the same Kelvin temperature as the lights you are using
- Use the right set of lights. Never use hard or harsh lighting
- Use a suitable background. Try to always shoot against a black or white background
- Use a tripod, as the enhanced stabilization means a crisper image
These are just a few tips regarding product photography. If you would like to explore it more, please click here to read the full article